Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Dr. Daniel Maranho, Brazil: 2015 AAOS International Scholarship recipient

I would like to once again acknowledge the support of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons for the opportunity of participating in the AAOS International Scholars Program.

First I arrived in Rosemont, Illinois, to the new AAOS headquarters, for a meeting with AAOS management and international staff where I made a presentation about my professional practice, followed by pleasant visit around the beautiful AAOS facilities. 




The AANA Foot and Ankle Master Course started the next day.  There was a great number of participants from Brazil, and the course was quite helpful to improve technical skills, and also to learn new concepts.
After the course, I went to Sacramento - capital of California - to visit the Health Center of the University of California - Davis during the next week.

It was a wonderful time with great new friendships, also with very modern concepts for the treatment of Foot and Ankle affections.

Drs. Eric Gizza and Christopher Kreulen hosted me during my visit, in a very welcoming and friendly environment. Weather in California was great, with all blue sky and warm temperature. The city is known for the trees and the Government buildings. We also had a useful surgical training day in a cadaveric lab, with Chris Kreulen.


The scholarship visit was a great opportunity for me to learn new concepts, meet people and exchange experience, which will ensure a better health care for our patients. As I work in an academic institution, with medical residents and students, the new knowledge will be shared and spread.

I am very grateful to the entire AAOS team, the AANA Course professors and to colleagues, Chris Kreulen, Eric Giza, and all team of UC Davis Sacramento, for the attention and friendship. It was a wonderful time and I hope to come back!
My best wishes


Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment