Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Patricia Moreno, MD (Brazil) now at Rady Children’s Hospital in San Diego. Excellence in Pediatric Orthopedic Care.

 And the work continues in San Diego, California…What a great teaching hospital!



It was such an honor to have completed an observership program at Rady Children’s Hospital, the largest children’s hospital in California! 




I was able to work closely with respected Professors in the field of Pediatric Orthopedics, both seeing patients in the clinic and in the surgery room.  I value this great opportunity to learn not only about issues related to patient care but also to receive guidance for research, ethics and professional conduct.  





It was great to work with Dr. Henry Chambers, and especially learn and review the guidelines on the treatment of children with cerebral palsy, which I will apply for the benefit of my patients.
The days in clinic and surgery with Dr. Scott Mubarack had a great impact on me. His teaching ability added to his solid concepts on management of hip and feet disorders and deformities were very enlightening. Participating in conferences and case discussion sessions with professors, attending physicians, fellows and residents was a valuable experience that  always awakens the desire to study and learn more and more.



Apart from establishing great academic connections, I am most grateful to have made friends for life!  Thanks to Carolina Schaber, RN, my stay was even more pleasant.  She is also in the AACPDM Adaptive Sports Committee with me.  It was nice to meet her family and her talented sportive girls.












Great city of San Diego!  I will miss it a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment