Thursday, September 18, 2014

Patricia Moreno, MD (Brazil), the recipient of the 2014 International Emerging Leaders (IEL) Scholarship, is in the USA for her planned academic journey


"I want to acknowledge the support of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), which by the means of the 2014 International Emerging Leaders (IEL) Scholarship, has allowed me to advance in the development of my professional career and, ultimately, the care of my patients. 

I have spent the first part of my stay at the American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM) Meeting held in San Diego from the 9th to the 13th of September.  It was a remarkable educational experience as it is the gathering of world renowned physicians and other health related professionals who are not only involved in the clinical care but also greatly dedicated to investigating how to improve quality of life of children, adolescents and adults with cerebral palsy and other movement disorders.















I have been a proud member of the Adapted Sports Committee of the AACPDM for the second year in a row.  This year my colleagues and I were authors of an Instructional course on competitive sports for individuals with motor disabilities.  I lectured on adaptive rowing and its impact on children and adolescents with physical disabilities.  I feel very privileged to have taking part in such event and to be given the opportunity to share my work with children with cerebral palsy and other physical disabilities".

3 comments:

  1. This is one of the best blog i have seen. Best hip or shoulder surgery consultant provides integrated and individually customized solutions for treating lymphatic disorders. Book your one-on-one consultation today.
    lymphedema clinic San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really glad to see this post, Best aromatherapy facial massage center offers affordable day spa, facial & skincare services, lymphedema therapies, massage therapies in San Diego. Call Today!
    massage therapist San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  3. This information is really valuable for me, thanks for sharing it. Best cosmetic treatment surgery center treatments such as manual lymph drainage, lymphatic massage, exercise, diet management etc.
    Chronic Venus Insufficiency San Diego

    ReplyDelete